Cleaning up the Environment by Detecting & Mapping Buried Storage Tanks (PG Kielce)
Client: Przedsiębiorstwo Geologiczne Sp. z o.o.
Location: multiple cities in Poland
At the request of one of the largest Polish geological companies (PG Kielce), GISonLine carried out an extensive underground detection survey to verify the location of tanks buried in the 20th century.
Given the absence of archival documentation and the exact locations of the buried storage tanks, GISonLine was tasked with providing underground detection services to accurately identify and map the location, dimensions & thickness, buried depths, and construction materials used for the storage tanks.
GISonLine successfully conducted the underground surveys using Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) and geodetic measurements and completed the work in 15 Polish cities to include: Gdańsk, Gorzów Wielkopolski, Kraków, Łódź and Opole.
The project included delivery of key underground detection survey products:
- Geo-radar measurements confirming the location of the underground tanks
- Detection of tank boundaries and determination of their depth
- Data and attributes related to each tank’s thickness, detected depth, and other detected objects
- Investigation of additional located objects found near the project sites
- Custom maps displaying tank locations and surrounding environmental areas
Survey & Inspection
Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR)
See some things
we've worked on
GRIDonLine is a comprehensive GIS Utilities Asset Management (AM) system designed to scale from small to large enterprise utility networks.
INSPECTonLine is a cloud-based (SaaS) web mapping application designed specifically for viewing, integrating and collaborating on survey & inspection datasets.
ARonLine is an Augmented Reality mobile application that transforms your CAD and GIS utilities data into amazing Augmented Reality (AR) visualizations.